What we are currently learning about in our class...
6.20 Identify the following on a map:
- Dead Sea
- Jordan River
- Mediterranean Sea
- Red Sea
- Sinai Peninsula
- 6.21 Early development of Ancient Israelites
- Describe the origins of the Israelites.
- Explain the reasons for their movement from Mesopotamia to Canaan.
- Understand that Canaan is later called Israel.
- Explain the reasons for their movement from Canaan to Egypt.
- Explain the reasons for their movement from Egypt back to Canaan.
- Identify Abraham as the founder of Judaism.
- Explain the significance of Moses.
- Identify the Tanakh as the Hebrew Bible – sacred text.
- Define monotheism.
- Explain the Ten Commandments.
- Explain the emphasis on individual worth and personal responsibility.
- We left off here....
- When we return, we'll review, then start here!
6.23 Kings of Israel
- Memorize the order of the first three kings (Saul, David, Solomon).
- Identify the significance of Saul – first King of Israel.
- Identify the significance of David – founded Jerusalem as the capital.
- Identify the significance of Solomon – built the first temple.
6.24 Israel after Solomon
- Summarize the splitting up of the kingdom of Israel.
- Summarize Babylonian captivity.
- Summarize the return of the Jews to their homeland under the Persian Empire.